Step-by-Step Instructions for Using MediaBank
Check out DVDs * Blu-rays * Music * Games
All you need is your library card and PIN. You can make your selections from the MediaBank collection using the browser stations in the library, or on the web at http://mediabank.lpl.org
We have three MediaBanks in the library. They are named APPLES, ORANGES, and GRAPES
The APPLES MediaBank, located in the Children's Room, contains Kids & Family DVDs and Blu-rays,
The GRAPES MediaBank contains Music CDs, & Electronic Games.
The ORANGES MediaBank contains: Feature Films, Documentaries, & Foreign Films.
Items that are checked out from the MediaBank need to be returned to the MediaBank machine inside the library during the library's hours of operation.
- Bring your library card.
- Do you know your PIN? If not, visit any OCPL public library and a library staff member will be happy to help you in the set-up process. It takes only a moment.
- Browse the catalog online: http://mediabank.lpl.org
(Or, use any of the Catalog or MediaBank Reservation stations available in the library.)
- Make your selections by clicking on the movie title or picture.
Click the "Continue" button, then the
"Place a reservation" button.
You can reserve up to 7 items at one time. You may only checkout 2 Games at a time.
- The confirmation screen will tell you which MediaBank machine houses your selections, APPLES, ORANGES, or GRAPES.
- You have until closing of the next day to retrieve your item from MediaBank.
- Save paper! Save time at checkout! Have your receipts emailed to you.
In the MediaBank reservation web site, click the "Home" link (under the Liverpool Public Library banner) and select your receipt delivery method. You can choose from:
- Print receipt - paper will be dispensed from the machine at check-out and check-in, (but paper receipts are only available from the Apples MediaBank)
- Email receipt - your email address, as shown in the "My Account" tab of your Onondaga County Public Library Polaris Contact Information, will be used by MediaBank to email notices for each item checked out and checked in.
- None - no receipt is emailed or printed, but you can always check your list of checked-out items and due dates by visiting the "My Account" tab of lpl.org
- Look for the APPLES, ORANGES, GRAPES signs hanging on the MediaBank machines to identify which machine has your previously-reserved items. Insert your library card into the MediaBank.
- Your previously selected media will automatically come out of the machine.
- If you have opted for "Print receipts," wait for receipts to print for each item - receipts tell you when your items are due.
(All MediaBank items are due 7 days from checkout. Starting January 4, 2016, there will no longer be renewals on MediaBank items.)
- Push the button labeled EXIT.
- That's it! Your items are now checked out on your library card.
- Enjoy your movies, CDs, or games.
RETURN YOUR ITEMS TO THE MEDIABANK AT LIVERPOOL PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Return your items to the machine that dispensed them. Discs from the ORANGES MediaBank have orange color coding on them; discs from the GRAPES machine have blue color coding on them; discs from the APPLES MediaBank have no color coding. The machine won't accept an item if it doesn't "live" there.
- Insert you library card into the MediaBank
- Follow directions on the screen, waiting for the small door to open and then placing the item, barcode up, on the small white shelf.
- Receipts print only from the APPLES machine. If you want to confirm that your item was checked in, you have the following options:
- Set up your account to have receipts emailed to you, as described above.
- Visit one of the Self Checkout machines in the library, login with your library card and PIN, and tap the "My Account" button to confirm that the returned title is no longer on your library card account.
- Login to your library account on the Polaris Catalog page, http://catalog.onlib.org and check the "Items Out" list under the "My Account" tab.
Return items to the MediaBank machine by the due date to avoid fines for late returns
* NOTE: if the library is closed when reservation period ends and you have not picked up your item, you will have to place a new reservation.