The Liverpool Public Library offers the following, all free, by appointment only:
Tutors for one-on-one basic computer skill help:
- For appointment, call (315) 457-0310 and ask for a Basic Computer Skill tutor.
- Training is available in Basic Computer Skills, Basic Internet, and Basic Email.
- The tutors are volunteer teachers who deliver instruction using our library computers.
Laptop, Apple or Android Mobile Device help sessions, including iPads, Chromebooks, tablets, and smart phones
- For appointment, call (315) 457-0310 x140. If no answer, leave a message!
- You must bring your own Mobile Device or laptop.
- Help is available at the Basic "getting started" level; advanced topics are not covered
- The librarians at the Information Desk can help you with quick pointers, direct you to the eBook catalog websites, and provide you with helpful flyers with instructions for digital downloads on a drop-in basis without appointment. If you are not familiar with using your mobile device or tablet, please call and schedule an appointment.
No appointment necessary:
Drop-in Tech Help with Mr. G and Drop-in Chromebook Hours with Jake.
Our LPL Tech Help sessions are designed to:
- Familiarize patrons with common computer and internet functions
- Help patrons utilize technology effectively
- Help patrons develop the skills to accomplish common internet communication tasks
Our LPL staff and volunteers are not able to:
- Spend more than 30 - 60 minutes per person, per week.
- Fix broken equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics, unless it is related to library-provided online features
- Install software unrelated to library services
- Tutor in advanced programs like web development technologies, photo editing, and OCR scanning, for example
Library staff and library-scheduled volunteers cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.