Mission & Strategic Plan
The LPL's Mission:
To connect our community, engage people and inspire discovery, learning and growth.
The LPL's Strategic Plan Encompasses
Learning & Education:
- Position the library as a leader in learning and education in the Liverpool Central School District (LCSD) service area.
- Align with the LCSD in support of their strategic plan.
- Work with the school and organizations within the community to help identify and address gaps in learning and education (Birth/K–12).
- Support lifelong learning and skills-training in adults (18 and up).
Connecting the Community:
- Shape and lead community and civic engagement in the Liverpool Public Library service area.
- Establish and nurture community partnerships to enable community organizations, including the library, and community members to work closer together.
- Increase visibility and accessibility of library programs and services throughout the service area.
- Enhance communication and outreach efforts to have a broader impact and higher visibility among library users and non-users.
Reimagining the Library:
- Align LPL’s organizational structure and staffing to meet community needs and ensure success in the 21st Century.
- Evaluate the library building and surrounding property against current and future needs.
- Replicate and expand library services beyond the library building to bring the library out further into the community.