Liverpool Community Invited to Vote on LPL Budget May 16
The Liverpool community is invited to vote on the 2023-24 Liverpool Public Library budget proposal, which will be on the ballot for Liverpool Central School District voters on Tuesday, May 16. The budget for the LPL will be proposition #4 on the ballot this year. Voting will take place from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., in the former Wetzel Road Elementary Gymnasium, located at 4246 Wetzel Road, Liverpool. The LPL Board of Trustees approved a budget proposal of $4,361,000, which carries a budget increase of 3.4 percent. A detailed breakdown and comparison with the 2022-23 budget is available on the library website at LPL.org/budget. This year there are two vacancies on the LPL Board of Trustees. Voters will find that there is one candidate listed on the ballot, Veronica Mainville.
The LPL has had an exciting year, both inside our building and throughout the Liverpool community. Some accomplishments for the year include:
- The LPL2Go Van launched, bringing WiFi and library services right to our community.
- The Charlie Cart, a self-contained mobile kitchen, arrived at the LPL. The Charlie Cart was made possible by funding from the NYS Assembly, with a special thanks to Assemblywoman Pamela Hunter.
- LPL teens and tweens celebrated STEM Education with Micron.
- Since July 2022, 182 children signed up for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Hearing Loops were installed in the library to further increase accessibility at the LPL.
- The LPL offers a full complement of early literacy programs, along with robust programs for tweens and teens.
- Did you hear that? Live music returned to the LPL, thanks to the CNY Arts grant.